Thursday, October 1, 2009

Hooray, It's October

October has always been one of my favorite months. Mostly because of the cooler weather, especially as a child living in the Pacific Northwest. Getting new coats and boots, Mom lighting the fire and fresh crisp apples straight from the tree in Grandma's yard. But also because it has Halloween, one of my favorite holidays to decorate for. I adore the spooky, ghoulish, downright creepy style of decoration. I love the Martha Stewart decor every year. I don't think anyone can beat Martha when it comes to Halloween. I think I want to decorate RIGHT NOW so I have the entire month to enjoy it. I have tons of things to decorate with, so I try to limit the amount of new things I buy each year. I usually end up getting another Bat or two though, or a gargoyle.

So far this is one of the few new Martha items I bought. There are two, I can't decide where to hang them just yet, but it is still early. I love the larger standing ones, but the 32" one is $99. and the 60" one is $199. Ouch! But they do come pre-glittered. LOL Marthas new Halloween magazine has a lot of cool ideas in it.


Yesterday at Target I spied this card that fairly jumped into my cart. For those of you who know Michelle Ward, doesn't this just scream "designed by Michelle"? The skull and crown, especially her trademark Trefoil design. I love it. I can't help but think if she really did designs for Carlton cards, it would be even cooler. This one is kind of plain, but it sure is classy.


I will entertain myself for the next week or two as I drag out my Halloween decor. Happy October 1st!

1 comment:

  1. Barbara, thanks for coming by my blog and leaving your kind words. I swooned when I saw that cool card then almost jumped out of my chair when I read you thought it reminded you of me. HCIT? I'm dashing off to Target TODAY to buy them all up! ;)

    ReplyDelete